Friday 5 December 2014

When my life flashes before my eyes, I have trouble keeping up!

It’s very strange but on the lead up to the release of my kuJenga Society album I undertook (as can be seen in this blog) to revisit my past work and write a little about each song.
Now that kuJenga Society has been released, I received in the post yesterday, a vinyl copy of the Neurotics first album ‘Beggars Can Be Choosers’ which is due to be released in Italy in the new year.
Albums were not generally shrink wrapped during the time when it was first released in the early Eighties, so this was the first time I held, what now seems like, a huge piece of artwork in my hands with the knowledge that because it was shrink wrapped, it was virgin and had never been played.

It felt lovely, it looked like a marvel in my hand and I didn't want to spoil that, however another part of me wanted to rip the wrapping off and stick it on my record deck and rack it up real loud.

And it was that part of me that won out, and as I listened in rapture, part of my life raced past me and memories and emotions swirled around my mind like a murmuration of starlings.

It doesn't get any better than that! 

No, really, it doesn’t.


A mother and child reunion - The little one is a CD release from Japan which has been out a while and the bigger one is the Italian release due to go on sale in Jan 20015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.